The Princeton University Office of Communications is responsible for helping shape and execute overarching communications strategy for the institution, advance key priorities of the President and Board of Trustees to broad and diverse audiences, and connect these priorities to larger national conversations. It also manages the daily operation of the University’s central communications channels, including the website and social media accounts, guides the University’s media engagement, and provides campus partners with strategic communications counsel.
- The flagship website Princeton.edu highlights information about the University and its key endeavors in teaching, research and work “In the Nation's Service and the Service of Humanity.”
- We manage the University's official social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Giphy and Snapchat.
- We address evolving institutional priorities across a range of channels and by building partnerships on campus and beyond, on issues such as diversity and inclusion in higher education, environmental studies and climate science, and developing an innovation ecosystem in New Jersey.
- We work with the broad campus community on internal communications — such as the University’s response to the coronavirus pandemic — and provide information through outlets such as the Princeton Weekly Bulletin and specialized digital properties.
- We publish the University's key annual publications for students, faculty, staff and families, such as Rights, Rules, Responsibilities and the Princeton Profile.
- We manage tools, apps, a photo library and other assets to help campus communicators in their work.
- Writing and editorial team with subject-matter expert writers
- Social media team managing a range of social channels (with a combined audience of over 1.4 million followers) and content that drives engagement with our audiences,
- Multimedia team producing video, photography, and audio content, primarily for digital platforms
- Media relations team guiding the University’s media engagement and serving as the on-the-record voice of the institution
- Design team generating creative collateral for University channels and counterparts across campus
- Digital team focusing on platform architecture, design, accessibility and analytics for websites, apps and email
- Strategic and internal communications counsel and collaboration with partners across campus
- Trademarks and licensing team disseminating policies and educating campus constituents regarding official marks and symbols, use of name, ways of communicating about official business collaborations
Our Apps & Tools
- The University Photo Library is a collection of curated pictures of people and places that University employees can use (login required).
- We maintain a Hootsuite account for communicators who actively publish to social media content platforms.
- We provide campus partners with guidance on editorial style, branding and website requirements.
- We also manage the University's official mobile app store accounts and set standards for apps that live under the Princeton University brand.