The Office of Communications promotes and protects Princeton University's reputation of excellence.
We manage the main University website and social media channels, the content and design of the University's official print publications, the release of University news, media relations, and the use of Princeton's name and image.
We work with offices and departments across campus to tell Princeton's story to a wide range of audiences around the world, and we work collaboratively to provide a variety of communications services to faculty and staff.
We are committed to creating communications that engage and inform various audiences and that promote the University. Our in-depth knowledge of the University and communications strategy enables us to help shape messages so they are best understood by their intended audiences.
- Princeton.edu is the flagship website for the University, visited by millions of people each year who want to learn about Princeton.
- We maintain the University's official social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn.
- We publish the University's key annual publications for students, faculty, staff and families, such as Rights, Rules, Responsibilities, the Princeton Profile and the Academic Integrity Guide.
- We publish updates to the official campus map for print and online use.
Our Apps & Tools
- The University Photo Library is a collection of curated pictures of people and places that University employees can use (login required).
- We maintain a Hootsuite account for communicators who actively publish to social media content platforms.
- We provide campus partners with guidance on editorial style, branding and website requirements.
- We also manage the University's official mobile app store accounts and set standards for apps that live under the Princeton University brand.
Sample Work with Campus Partners
- Campus Plan website (Office of the Executive Vice President)
- Strategic Plan website (Office of the President)
- Discovery Magazine (Office of the Dean for Research)
- E-Quad News (School of Engineering & Applied Science)
- Experience Princeton viewbook (Office of Admission)
- Communicator Award for website excellence in the Websites - General-School/University category (2018)
- Interactive Media Awards Best in Class for university website (2018)
- W3 gold award for school/university website (2017)
- EDU Hall of Fame (Social Media Strategies Summit ) best overall social media presence (2017)
- Educational Digital Marketing Award bronze for website-update/refresh (2017)
- CASE District II gold award for visual design in print, posters (2015)
- CASE District II gold award for news writing (2013)
- CASE gold Circle of Excellence award for viewbooks and prospectuses (2013)