Princeton welcomes visitors to our beautiful central New Jersey campus. As a private higher-education institution, the University’s primary responsibility is to its research and teaching missions and its students. This is a residential campus, and we seek to protect the privacy of our students in their living environment.
Guidelines for Media
Members of the media who want access to campus must contact the media relations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-258-5733 to secure credentials before coming to campus. The University’s Campus Access Authorization Form (.pdf) is required for all filming and photography by journalists.
Commercial photography or videography
Commercial photography or videography is not permitted on campus without permission. The University monitors use of its name and identity to protect its trademarks and reputation. To request permission for commercial photography or videography, email email@example.com.
Wedding, engagement or portrait photography
(PLEASE NOTE: Anyone coming to campus for wedding, engagement or portrait photography should familiarize themselves with the University’s COVID-19 policies. As a reminder, visitors may not enter University buildings at this time.)
The campus may be used for portrait photography without a permit or fee, with the following limitations:
- Portrait photography is prohibited in and around all residential colleges and other dormitories, including interior courtyards in residential colleges. Please see the map below that identifies these areas.
- Portrait photography is not permitted in Prospect House Garden or the vicinity of the University Chapel while the facilities are hosting a wedding ceremony or reception. Please see map below that identifies these areas.
- University staff may make other areas off-limits to photography based on University needs.
- Photo parties must remain outside and in publicly accessible areas at all times. Restrooms and other interior spaces must not be used for dressing or other photo preparations.
- Photo parties may not block archways or doorways.
- Photos must be for personal use only and may not be published for profit or used as marketing materials for photographers. Any use to promote a good or service is prohibited.
- Princeton cannot arrange for parking or vehicle access to campus.
Parties that do not adhere to these guidelines may be asked to leave campus. Individuals are expected to comply with the requests and/or instructions of University police officers.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.